From modest beginnings in 2001, visionary entrepreneurs Mr. Chandra Prasad Dhakal and Mr. Hem Raj Dhakal laid the foundation for a world-class organization that would transform Nepal’s business landscape.
Through their unwavering commitment and unparalleled expertise, IME Group has flourished, starting as a money transfer company and rapidly expanding into diverse sectors such as banking, insurance, trading, and hospitality. Their success story serves as a testament to the strength, resilience, and unwavering determination of the IME Group, a true force to be reckoned with in the business world.
- Established IME Remit, the country’s first MTC, licensed by the central bank of Nepal
Established office in Malaysia, IME (M) Sdn. Bhd. with license from the Central Bank of Malaysia – Bank Negara
2003 – 2004
- Expanded IME Remit in the UK
- Entered into financial sector and establishes IME Financial Institution Ltd.
- IME establishes office in Australia.
2007 – 2008
- IME Malaysia expands its network corridor to Indonesia, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Philippines, Vietnam
- Expanded into the manufacturing sector and establishes IME Oxygen
- Entered into merchant banking through Global IME Capital
- IME Malaysia expands self-owned outlets. to over 50 across Malaysia.
- Establisheed IME Foundation as a CSR initiative
2010 – 2013
- IME Malaysia self-owned Outlets expanded to 70 in Malaysia.
- Expanded IME Remit in the USA
- IME officially declared and rewarded by the Government of Nepal as the largest remittance company in Nepal
2014 – 2015
- IME Digital was founded under IME Group. IME Remit, Global IME Bank and UNCDF-MM4P signed a technical assistance agreement.
- IME (M) Sdn. Bhd. forged alliance with Ria Financial Services
- IME Remit received the highest taxpayer award for the second consecutive year from the government of Nepal among the remittance companies in Nepal
- Commenced the commercial operation of Chandragiri Hills Cable Car
- IME Remit received the highest taxpayer award for the third consecutive year
- Entered into digital financing (IME Pay) and establishes IME Digital Solution
- IME awarded as the “Best Remittance Company” by Frost & Sullivan under Nepal Best Practices Award.
- IME Pay – digital wallet launched. With Digital Wallet, capable to remit money directly through mobile wallet, IME Remit looks to revolutionize remittance business for customer convenience
- Forged partnership with MoneyGram for transfer of remittance to Nepal from around the world in IME Pay
- Awarded CIP Award to the Chairman of the group as a token of recognition of highest tax payers of the country
- IME awarded as the highest tax payer among remittance companies by Government of Nepal for fourth consecutive year.